Work with Us
Marketing and Communications Officer
We’re looking for a Marketing and Communications pro to join our fantastic start up in the heart of SE London.
iguacu is an agile and inspiring non-profit dedicated to making it effortless for the public to give effectively in serious humanitarian crises. We’re in the process of launching a new website and giving platform and we are looking for a new member of our Comms team to help showcase our work, grow our network of donors and establish iguacu as the ‘go to’ name in effective giving.
- Assist with delivery of overall marketing strategy
- Manage social media campaigns (with Comms intern support) including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Produce and send monthly e-newsletters and marketing emails
- Develop and maintain website content
- Generate content and infographics using InDesign and Illustrator
- Produce in-house videos including filming, graphics and post production using Premier Pro and After Effects
- Assist in the proofing and development of in-house blogs
- Contribute to donor stewardship and engagement
Do you fit the bill? This is what we’re looking for in our new team member:
- Positive, confident, creative, and happy to roll up your sleeves
- High level of proficiency using Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro & After Effects)
- Interest in the humanitarian sector
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong copywriter and proof reader
- Social media and digital marketing experience
- Experience using CMS and CRM systems
- At least two years relevant professional experience
- Fluency in English
iguacu Comms work as a creative, collaborative and highly productive team within a positive and solution-oriented culture that values innovation and shared learning. We contribute constructively, brainstorm freely, and learn continuously at speed. We also value a healthy work-life balance and support the team’s health and wellness in fun ways.
A right to work in the UK is essential. Applications will be assessed as they arrive. The full-time role is offered as a one year contract (renewable) and with a contributory pension.
iguacu is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing Date: 26 June 2017
Get in touch with us via email with Communications Officer in the subject line. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a CV, and cover letter explaining, why you are drawn to the role and how you meet the personal specifications.
Unfortunately, due to the size of our team and the number of responses we typically receive, we can only reply to shortlisted applicants. References are an important part of the iguacu recruitment process and recent professional referees will be contacted.
What does it mean to work for iguacu?
The first thing you’ll notice is we’re a friendly, bright and supportive team, in a fast-moving, fast-changing start-up. At iguacu, we share a positive, can-do attitude. We work hard and we’re relentless on rigor, but there’s a lightness to our culture. We value keeping a balanced life and you can see the difference. Ideas flow and there’s a healthy energy and dynamism, helped by the fact that we’re results-oriented, inspired, and enjoy very little bureaucracy. iguacu cares about effectiveness in word and deed. We have a big vision and governing principles we observe and defend, and we’re serious about delivery. We’re excited about where iguacu is heading and the powerful force for good in the world iguacu will become. Take a look at our current vacancies below!
Photo Credits (top to bottom): Theis Kofoed Hjorth / CC BY-SA 2.0